The Denny's "Golden Cakes" Giveaway
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. WINNERS WILL BE CHOSEN AT RANDOM AND VETTED AGAINST GUIDELINES DETAILED BELOW. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. By participating in the Denny's Golden Cakes Giveaway (the “Promotion”), and any component thereof, you agree to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules (the “Official Rules”). If you do not agree with the Official Rules in their entirety, you are not permitted to enter the Promotion. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND D.C., AGE 13 OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. SOUTH CAROLINA LAW GOVERNS THIS PROMOTION.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Denny's “Golden Cakes” Giveaway (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are thirteen (13) years of age or older as of the time of entry. Employees of Denny's, Inc. (“Sponsor”), or any of Sponsor's parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, advertising or promotion agencies, and members of the immediate family or household of any such employee, are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law.
HOW TO ENTER: To enter between December 1, 2019 and December 4, 2019, your Twitter profile must be set to “Public” in-order for you to enter the promotion and be eligible for a prize. If selected on Facebook, user will be notified via a reply comment on the owned post and winner will have 24 hours to direct message the Denny's Diner Facebook page. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Promotion Entities will not be responsible for lost, late or misdirected entries. All entries are subject to verification at any time. Sponsor will have the right, in its discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility in a form acceptable to Sponsor (including, without limitation, governmentâ€“issued photo identification). Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification. During each Denny's Weekly Entry Period, @dennysdiner will post on Twitter and Facebook inviting participants to enter the Promotion (each, a “Denny's Giveaway Post”).
To receive one (1) entry into the corresponding Denny's Weekly Entry Period and Denny's Drawing for Prize Pool A:
- Comment on the Denny's Giveaway post with a prompt that matches the respective post from day one through day five of the giveaway.
- There is a limit of one (1) Denny's Entry per person per Denny's Giveaway Post. Any additional Denny's Entries received from any person will be void.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU AGREE THAT THE ENTRY COMPLIES WITH ALL CONDITIONS STATED IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE OF LEGAL AGE. THE PROMOTION ENTITIES WILL BEAR NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER REGARDING THE USE OF YOUR ENTRY. THE PROMOTION ENTITIES SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY YOU IN THE EVENT IT IS SUBSEQUENTLY DISCOVERED THAT YOU HAVE DEPARTED FROM OR NOT FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THESE RULES AND/OR TWITTER AND FACEBOOK TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
ENTRIES ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PROMOTION ENTITIES IN ANY MANNER. ENTRIES WITH PUBLIC CONTENT THAT CAN REASONABLY BE UNDERSTOOD AS DISCRIMINATORY AGAINST ANY ONE PERSON OR PERSONS WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE.
By submitting an Entry, entrant represents and warrants that the Entry conforms to these Official Rules and understands that the Promotion Entities, in their sole discretion, may disqualify the Entry for any reason, including if they determine, in their sole discretion, that the Entry fails to conform to these Official Rules in any way or otherwise contains unacceptable content as determined by Promotion Entities, in their sole discretion.
By submitting an Entry, the Entrant understands and grants to the Promotion Entities and their agents an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive worldwide license to use his/her Entry, Photo, name, hometown and likeness on the Promotion Entities various websites and social media sites and in advertising and/or promotional activities worldwide without compensation, permission or notification. The Promotion Entities reserve the right in their sole and absolute discretion to alter, change or modify any Entry.
By submitting an Entry, entrant warrants and represents that: (a) Entry does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other legal or moral rights of any person or entity; (b) entrant owns all rights to the Entry; and (c) entrant will indemnify and hold harmless the Promotion Entities, agents and assigns from any claims and damages (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising from or relating to the breach or alleged breach of your representations and warranties herein, the Entry, or entrant's conduct in creating the Entry, the acceptance or use of any prize or otherwise in connection with this Promotion.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Following the conclusion of each Entry Period, the winner will be selected in random drawings on December 2, 2019 through December 5, 2019, from among all eligible entries received during each Entry Period. The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received during each Entry Period. The winner is subject to verification. If the potential winner fails to respond to any notification attempt within the time period specified by Sponsor, or if any attempted notification or prize delivery is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. The Promotion is under the administration of the Administrator, an independent advisor of the Sponsor whose decisions are final.
Day One/Prize One Drawing on December 2, 2019: 20 Denny's gift cards will be provided to twenty individuals. Average retail value total of: $500. Average retail value of individual winners: $25.
Day Two/Prize Two Drawing on December 3, 2019: 20 Pairs of socks will be provided to twenty individuals. Average retail value of: $480. Average retail value of individual winners: $24.
Day Three/Prize Three Drawing on December 4, 2019: 5 Denny's FREE Original Grand Slams® for a year will be provided to five individuals good for one year's worth of Denny's Grand Slams®. One free Original Grand Slam® a week for 52 weeks. Average retail value of: $2,600. Average retail value of individual winners: $520.
Day Four/Prize Four Drawing on December 5, 2019: 20 fabric scarves will be provided to twenty individuals. Average retail value of: $440. Average retail value of individual winners: $22.
Day Five/December 5, 2019: Guests at participating Denny's restaurants receive 5 silver dollar pancakes for .50¢ from 6 am - 9 pm only.
Denny's Gift Cards are not redeemable for cash and will not be replaced if lost or stolen.
The potential Prize Pool A winners will be notified by @dennysdiner via direct message to his/her public Twitter account. The potential winner must respond to the notification as instructed with his/her full name and email address within twenty-four (24) hours of notification. Non-compliance will result in disqualification and an alternate winner being selected. If chosen on Facebook, user will be notified via a comment on the owned post and be given twenty-four (24) hours to Direct Message the Denny's Facebook page. If they fail to do so, we will notify another winner.
SECOND CHANCE DRAWING: A prize that has not been claimed or has been forfeited due to causes, including, but not limited to, ineligibility of potential winner or failure to respond to notification, will be included in a Second Chance Drawing for such unclaimed prize. Second Chance Drawings will be conducted via random drawing on or about Monday, December 9, 2019, from among all eligible entries received per applicable Prize Pool. Potential winner selected in any Second Chance Drawing will be contacted within forty-eight (48) hours after such Second Chance Drawing.
The potential Second Chance winner, if any, will be notified via direct message to his/her public Twitter account and will be required to respond to the notification as instructed with his/her full name and email address within twenty-four (24) hours of notification. Noncompliance will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected.
PRIZES: Prizes will be awarded within 4-6 weeks of winner being verified. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prizes are for winner's personal use and are not assignable or transferable and will not pass to the estate of the winner. No substitution is permitted except if prize is unavailable, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded, as determined by Sponsor. No cash in lieu of prize and no exchange or substitution of prize, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute other alternate, similar forms of prize disbursement. Any incidental expenses incurred in connection with claiming or using the prize that are not specified in these Official Rules are winner's sole responsibility. Winners are responsible for all federal, state, local and income taxes associated with winning prize.
- GRANT OF RIGHTS: Entry constitutes permission for Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries, and each of their agents and licensees, to use the entrant's name, likeness, voice and/or biographical information, in perpetuity, throughout the world, in all media and formats whether now or later known or developed, for commercial purposes (including, without limitation, advertising and promotion), without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor, its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising, and promotion agencies, all other companies involved in the conduct of the Promotion or the provision of any prize, and the successors, assigns and agents of each of the foregoing, and the officers, directors and employees of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible, and will have no liability for, (a) late, lost, delayed, illegible, damaged, corrupted or incomplete entries, incorrect or inaccurate capture of, damage to, or loss of entries or entry information, or any other human or technical errors of any kind relating to communications or attempted communications with any entrant, the submission, collection, storage or processing of entries or the administration of the Promotion, (b) any Act of God, act of terrorism, civil disturbance, work stoppage, natural disaster or any other event outside their control that may interrupt or cause any postponement or cancellation of the Promotion or the receipt or use of any prize, (c) undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user's Internet service provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in user's e-mail account to receive e-mail, or (d) any damage to any computer system resulting from participation in or accessing or downloading information in connection with this promotion. By entering, each entrant releases and agrees to hold each of the Released Parties harmless from and against any and all claims and liability arising out of participation in the Promotion, the acceptance, receipt or use of any prize or prize component (including, without limitation, participation in or travel to any prize-related activity) and/or any use of the winner's name, likeness, voice and/or biographical information as permitted hereunder, including without limitation all claims and liabilities based on any personal injury, property damage or loss or death. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Promotion or the acceptance, receipt or use or any prize or prize component (including, without limitation, participation in or travel to any prize-related activity). The Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of the prize. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
GENERAL RULES: CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify or prohibit from participating in the Promotion any individual who, in Sponsor's sole discretion, Sponsor determines or believes (i) has tampered with the entry process or has undermined the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices, or (ii) has engaged in conduct that annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants or any representative of Sponsor, or (iii) has attempted or intends to attempt any of the foregoing. The use of automated devices, programs or methods to submit entries is prohibited and Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry that it believes may have been submitted using such an automated device, program or method. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend this Promotion should a virus, bug, entrant fraud or misconduct or other cause beyond the control of Sponsor, in Sponsor's opinion, corrupt the administration, integrity, security or proper operation of the Promotion. In the event of termination of the Promotion, a notice will be posted online and a random drawing to award the prizes will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination. Entry times will be determined using Sponsor's computer, which will be the official clock for the Promotion. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By entering the Promotion, each entrant agrees that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and by entering each entrant waives all rights to claim punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of South Carolina without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of South Carolina. Any legal proceedings arising out of this Promotion or relating to these Official Rules shall be instituted only in the federal or state courts located in the State of South Carolina, County of Spartanburg, and such courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any such legal proceeding. Each entrant consents to jurisdiction therein with respect to any legal proceedings or disputes of whatever nature arising under or relating to these rules or the Promotion. By participating, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which are binding. Entrants agree that they release the Promotion Entities, Twitter, Facebook, any parent company, affiliated companies, and all other businesses involved in this Promotion and advertising and promotion agencies, as well as the employees, officers, directors and agents of each such company (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from all claims and liability relating to their participation, acceptance and use of the prize. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Promotion or receipt or use of the prize. The Released Parties have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to the prize, including, without limitation, to the prize's quality or fitness for a particular purpose. The Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the advertising for the Promotion, administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of the prize. Released Parties are not responsible if Promotion cannot take place or if the prize cannot be awarded due to cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war (declared or undeclared), natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism, riot or civil disturbance, satellite or equipment failure, federal state or local government law, order or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not within Sponsor's control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence).
In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the Twitter and Facebook account from which the entry is submitted. Authorized Account Holder means the natural person 18 years of age or older to whom the Twitter and Facebook account is registered. Sponsor and/or Administrator may ask any entrant or potential winner to provide Sponsor and/or Administrator with proof that such party is the authorized account holder of the Twitter and Facebook associated with the entry. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered, or mass entries or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices are void. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (i) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, telephone line, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry or email information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof or any other reason beyond Sponsor's control; or (ii) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to death, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Promotion or receipt or use of the prize. By participating in the Promotion, you (i) agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Promotion. Behavior which is intended to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion, or which is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, or any failure to comply with these Official Rules, may result in disqualification from the Promotion, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person engaging in such behavior to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor reserves the right to: (i) permanently disqualify from the Promotion any person it believes has intentionally violated these Official Rules; and (ii) cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion without any liability if any fraud, virus, tampering, bugs, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or other factor beyond Sponsor's control impairs the administration, functioning, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor and/or Administrator in their sole discretion, and withdraw any method of entry if it becomes technically corrupted (including if a computer virus or system malfunction inalterably impairs its ability to conduct the Promotion), and to select winners from among all eligible entries received prior to withdrawal. Inclusion in such random drawing shall be each entrant's sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
The Released Parties are not responsible for incompatibility of entrant's hardware, software or browser technology with the Sponsor's hardware, software or browser technology.
- SPONSOR: Denny's, Inc., 203 E. Main Street, Spartanburg, SC 29319.
- ADMINISTRATOR: EP & Company, 110 E Court St #400 Greenville, SC , 29601