- ELIGIBILITY: The Denny’s Smuggler’s Dice Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of one of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia who, as of the time of entry, are 18 years of age or older and the legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside. Employees, officers, directors and representatives of Denny’s Inc. (“Sponsor”), Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures (“Disney”) or any of their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or advertising, promotion and Internet agencies, and members of the immediate family or household of any such employee, officer, director or representative, are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law.
- SELECTION OF GRAND PRIZE WINNERS. Two potential Grand Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing conducted by Sponsor or its agent from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The drawing will occur on or about June 26, 2018. The odds of winning a Grand Prize will depend on the number of valid entries received. There is a limit of one Grand Prize per person. Please see Section 5 for additional terms and conditions pertaining to the notification and verification of Grand Prize winners.
- SELECTION OF INSTANT PRIZE WINNERS: Fifty-two Thousand Two Hundred Seventy Two (52,272) Instant Win Prizes will be offered by Sponsor over the course of the Entry Period. Sponsor intends to offer 968 Instant Win Prizes on each day of the Entry Period, but Sponsor has the right to offer more or fewer Instant Win Prizes on any day. The potential Instant Win Prize winners will be determined through random computer generation methodology. Odds of winning an Instant Win Prize will depend upon the date and time the entrant plays the Game and the number of eligible entrants who play the Game on that day. After each entrant finishes a round of the Game, a message will be displayed on the Website confirming completion of the Game round. If the message indicates that the entrant is an instant winner, then the entrant is a potential Instant Win Prize winner, subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules. If a non-winning message is displayed on the screen, or a blank screen appears, or the entrant otherwise does not receive a message indicating that he or she is an instant winner, the entrant is not a potential Instant Win Prize winner. There is a limit of one Instant Win Prize per person per day. Please see Section 5 for additional terms and conditions pertaining to the notification and verification of Instant Win Prize winners.
- NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION OF WINNERS: The potential Grand Prize winners and the potential Instant Win Prize winners will be notified by mail, telephone and/or e-mail, at Sponsor's discretion. If a potential winner cannot be reached within 72 hours of the initial notification attempt, he or she may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. Potential winners are subject to verification and may, in Sponsor's discretion, be required to submit proof of identity and/or eligibility in a form acceptable to Sponsor (including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification). Sponsor will have the right to require that potential winners complete, sign and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release within three days of attempted delivery of same. If any attempted notification or prize delivery is returned as undeliverable or if the potential winner fails to respond to any notification attempt within the time period specified by Sponsor, fails to complete, sign, and return any required affidavits or releases, within the time period specified by Sponsor, does not meet the eligibility requirements set forth in Section 1 above, or is not compliant with these Official Rules, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected.
- GRAND PRIZE. Two grand prizes (each a “Grand Prize”) will be awarded. Each Grand Prize consists of one Solo: A Star Wars Story Official Movie Poster, signed by Alden Ehrenreich and Donald Glover. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize is $550.00. The aggregate ARV for all Grand Prizes is $1,100.00. The exact value will depend on market conditions at the time of prize fulfillment.
- INSTANT WIN PRIZES: The following instant win prizes (each an “Instant Win Prize”) will be offered:
Prize Description Aggregate Number of Prizes during Entry Period ARV 1. One (1) voucher redeemable for one (1) free coffee at any participating Denny’s restaurant 16,200 $1.99 each 2. One (1) voucher redeemable for one (1) free order of Pancake Puppies® at any participating Denny’s restaurant 5,400 $4.99 each 3. One (1) voucher redeemable for one (1) free order of all you can eat pancakes at any participating Denny’s restaurant 5,400 $4.00 each 4. One (1) voucher redeemable for one (1) free milkshake at any participating Denny’s restaurant 8,100 $3.99 each 5. One (1) voucher redeemable for one (1) free stack of pancakes at any participating Denny’s restaurant 13,500 $2.00 each 6. One (1) voucher redeemable for one (1) free Build Your Own Grand Slam® at any participating Denny’s restaurant 2,700 $9.99 each 7. One (1) Fandango Promotional Code* good to towards one movie ticket (up to $10 total value). 972 $10.00 each
The aggregate ARV of all Instant Win Prizes is $176,796.00. All Instant Win Prize details not indicated herein will be determined by Sponsor in its discretion. Sponsor will determine in its discretion for each day during the Entry Period which Instant Win Prizes will be offered and how many Instant Win Prizes will be offered.
- GENERAL PRIZE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The following terms and conditions apply to the Grand Prize and all Instant Win Prizes: Limit one Instant Win Prize per day per entrant and one Grand Prize per entrant (i.e., entrants may win both an Instant Win Prize and a Grand Prize). All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its discretion. The aggregate ARV of all prizes is $177,896.00. All federal, state and local taxes on the value of the prize, if applicable, are the responsibility of the winner. An IRS form 1099 will be issued in the winner’s name if required by law. Each prize will be awarded if properly claimed. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of the right to receive any prize or prize component is permitted, except in the discretion of Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component of equal or greater value. The prizes consist only of the items expressly specified in these Official Rules. All expenses or costs associated with the acceptance or use of any prize or any component thereof that are not expressly specified in these Official Rules as being part of the prize are the responsibility of the winner.
- SECOND CHANCE DRAWING. If, after the conclusion of the Entry Period and the potential winner notification process, Sponsor has not been able to award all of the prizes (including without limitation if Sponsor receives an insufficient number of eligible entries during the Entry Period), Sponsor will communicate via the Website that Sponsor or an agent or contractor designated by Sponsor will be conducting a second chance drawing to award such prize(s), the anticipated date of the second chance drawing, the number of prizes expected to be offered in connection with the second chance drawing and any additional terms and conditions relating to the second chance drawing. The second chance drawing will be open only to persons who as of the date of entry into the second chance drawing (and, if a potential winner of the second chance drawing, as of the date of prize fulfillment) satisfy the eligibility requirements set forth in Section 1. To enter the second chance drawing, each entrant must legibly print by hand his or her name, complete street address, email address and phone number on a plain 3 X 5 inch card, and mail the card to EP+Co., 110 E. Court St., Suite #400, Greenville, SC 29601. No photocopied or mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted. Each entry to the second chance drawing must be mailed separately and postmarked by no later than a date specified by Sponsor on the Website. There is a limit of one entry to the second chance drawing per person. The potential winner(s) of the second chance drawing will be selected in a random drawing conducted by Sponsor or its agent from among all eligible entries received during the relevant entry period for the second chance drawing. Odds of winning the second chance drawing depend upon the number of eligible entries received and the number of prizes remaining unawarded after the conclusion of the Entry Period. Each potential winner in the second chance drawing will be notified by mail, telephone and/or e-mail, at Sponsor's discretion, and the potential winner must respond to Sponsor’s initial notification attempt within 72 hours. The conduct of and participation in the second chance drawing will be subject to these Official Rules. Without limitation of the foregoing, each potential winner in the second chance drawing is subject to verification of eligibility and will be subject to and must comply with all of the applicable terms, conditions and requirements set forth in Sections 1 and 5-16.
- GRANT OF RIGHTS: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant irrevocably grants to Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies, and the successors and assigns and licensees of each of the foregoing and all other companies involved in the Sweepstakes or the provision of any prize (collectively, the “Licensees”) the right to use the entrant’s name, likeness, voice, biographical information and/or statements attributed to the entrant (“Personality Rights”), in perpetuity, throughout the world, in all media and formats whether now or later known or developed, including without limitation via Sponsor’s and third-party websites and social media and digital channels, for commercial purposes and any other purposes (including without limitation advertising and promotion), without further notice or compensation, unless prohibited by law
- RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering the Sweepstakes, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, each entrant releases and agrees to hold harmless each of the Licensees, Disney, Fandango Loyalty Solutions, LLC and all other companies involved in the development or operation of the Sweepstakes, all other companies involved in the provision of the prize or any component of the prize, and the directors, officers, employees and agents and contractors of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims and causes of action of any kind that the entrant ever had, now has or might in the future have arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes, participation in the Sweepstakes, the use of the Website or the Game, the provision, acceptance or use of any prize or any component of any prize or any use of the entrant’s Personality Rights as permitted pursuant to these Official Rules, including without limitation any and all claims and causes of action: (a) relating to any personal injury, death or property damage or loss sustained by any entrant or any other person, (b) based upon any allegation of violation of the right of privacy or publicity, misappropriation, defamation, or violation of any other personal or proprietary right, (c) based upon any allegation of infringement of copyright, trademark, trade dress, patent, trade secrets, moral rights or any intellectual property right, or (d) based upon any allegation of a violation of any law, rule or regulation relating to personal information or data security. Each entrant agrees not to assert any such claim or cause of action against any of the Released Parties. Each entrant assumes the risk of, and all liability for, any injury, loss or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes, the use of the Website or the Game or the provision, acceptance or use of any prize or any component of any prize. The Released Parties are not responsible for, and will not have any liability in connection with, any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize. The Released Parties are not responsible for, and will not have any liability in connection with, late, lost, delayed, illegible, damaged, corrupted or incomplete entries, incorrect or inaccurate capture of, damage to, or loss of entries or entry information, or any other human, mechanical or technical error of any kind relating to the operation of the Website or the Game, communications or attempted communications with any entrant, the submission, collection, storage and/or processing of entries or the administration of the Sweepstakes. The Released Parties are not responsible for, and will not have any liability in connection with any Act of God, war, terrorism, accident, fire, strike, lock-out or other labor controversy, riot, civil disturbance, act of public enemy, law, enactment, rule, restraint, order or act of any governmental instrumentality or military authority, or other cause not reasonably within their control that may delay or prevent Sponsor from fulfilling its obligations pursuant to these Official Rules.
- GENERAL RULES: Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to modify these Official Rules (including without limitation by adjusting any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Official Rules) and to cancel, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes at any time in its discretion, including without limitation if a virus, bug, technical problem, entrant fraud or misconduct or other cause beyond the control of Sponsor corrupts the administration, integrity, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes or if for any other reason Sponsor is not able to conduct the Sweepstakes as planned (including without limitation in the event the Sweepstakes is interfered with by any fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or of public enemy, communications failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, federal, state or local law, order or regulation or court order). In the event of termination of the Sweepstakes, a notice will be posted on the Website and a random drawing will be conducted to award the prize(s) from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify or prohibit from participating in the Sweepstakes any individual who, in Sponsor’s discretion, Sponsor determines or believes (i) has tampered with the entry process or has undermined the legitimate operation of the Website, the Game or the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair practices, (ii) has engaged in conduct that annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrant or any representative of Sponsor or (iii) has attempted or intends to attempt any of the foregoing. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR HAS THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY PERSON INVOLVED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. The use of agents or automated devices, programs or methods to submit entries is prohibited and Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry that it believes may have been submitted using such an agent or automated device, program or method. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” means the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. An entrant may be required to provide proof (in a form acceptable to Sponsor, including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification) that he or she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry in question. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be verified or returned. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. These Official Rules may not be reprinted or republished in any way without the prior written consent of Sponsor.
- DISPUTES: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, that (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or the provision, acceptance and/or use of any prize or prize component will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action (Note: Some jurisdictions do not allow restricting access to class actions. This provision will not apply to entrants who live in such a jurisdiction); (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and each entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and (d) each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy with respect to any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes will be an action at law for the recovery of monetary damages only, and in no event will the entrant have the right to enjoin or otherwise interfere with the exercise by the Licensees of any of the rights granted in these Official Rules or terminate or rescind any of the rights granted in these Official Rules. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the respective rights and obligations of the entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York [in the United States of America] without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York; provided that any and all issues or disputes concerning the intellectual property of Disney and its parent and affiliates will be governed by the laws of the State of California and the venue for any related action will be in the state or federal courts located in Los Angeles County. Except for any and all issues or disputes concerning the intellectual property of Disney and its parent and affiliates, any legal proceedings arising out of this Sweepstakes or relating to these Official Rules shall be instituted only in the federal or state courts located in New York County in the State of New York, waiving any right to trial by jury, and each entrant consents to jurisdiction therein with respect to any legal proceedings or disputes of whatever nature arising under or relating to any of the foregoing. In the event of any conflict between these Official Rules and any Sweepstakes information provided elsewhere (including but not limited in advertising or marketing materials), these Official Rules shall prevail.
- WINNER’S NAME AND RULES REQUESTS: For the name of the winners, available after July 31, 2018, or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: EP+Co., 110 E. Court St., Suite #400, Greenville, SC 29601.
- SPONSOR: Denny’s Inc., Spartanburg, SC.